A few weeks ago I had received an email with a zip attachment that I could not download from Gmail and I had a warning message similar to:
“Gmail virus scanners are temporarily unavailable – The attached files haven’t been scanned for viruses. Download these files at your own risk.”
I found a way to obtain the content of that folder by doing the following steps:
1. Click the “Show original” button
2. Click on”Download original”
3. Open that file in a text editor, identify the attached file content, select it.
4. Create a new .txt file with that content.
5. Upload it to an online Base64 decoder (just google it, I think I took the first one) and you will get back a .zip file which will contain all the files and folders present in the original attachment.
When I was doing this blog post I could download the attached zip file, but couple a weeks back I could not.